it's here

you can take the girl out of west virginia, but you can't take the west virginia out of the girl

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

summer 2005

i sit here typing this under my dad's sign that says "you may touch the dust but, please, don't write in it".  the first thing my dad says to me upon entering the house is "do you know what this is?" & shows me a baggie full of something. knowing my father it could be food... it could be car parts... i can't tell what it is. it was dog hair........ from my brother's dog, leonard.... my dad saved it from the rug scrubber (translation: carpet cleaner) because he felt it was such an impressive amount.
 
i wish i could remember all the billboards that i've seen driving around her but they include: vasectomy.com, colon & rectal surgery, economy dentures...
 
last night i was at the bar with all the dead animal heads on the walls, hanging out with my brother, sam & my nephew, alex. alex's ex-girlfriend that robbed the bank came to meet us & that was cool, because i've never hung out with a bank robber before... she's out on parole... that part isn't very exciting since almost everyone here is out on parole.

No comments:

Post a Comment