it's here

you can take the girl out of west virginia, but you can't take the west virginia out of the girl

Monday, November 1, 2010

flashback

this is an excerpt from the 2005 red-neck newsletter xmas edition:

Things I see at my father's house that I've never seen anywhere else:
1. Every single spoon has gone through the disposal. Every single one.
2. Most of a 1949 Ford truck engine is in the sun room being stripped & cleaned on the carpet with chemicals so toxic I will probably be glowing upon my return to CA.
3. Things so far past their expiration date they could practically buy their own beer. I saw Ex-Lax in the bathroom that expired in 1991. My dad moved
in 2001 which means he actually brought it with him. Anyone remember from last year when I ate the feta cheese that was expired by about a year? I do attribute these things to why I have a gastrointestinal system stronger than cast iron. 

4. Dentures laying on the living room floor.
5. Car parts in the dishwasher.
6. Not a single piece of Tupperware-type storage stuff, when Cool-Whip & Philladelphia cream cheese containers from 1976 are still getting the job done.
7. Purple Power. This is an all-puprose cleaner, but my dad takes the term "all-purpose" to a new level. According to him it does a great job from stripping engine parts to removing ring-around-the-collar to cleaning the windows. Just be careful, it'll really burn your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment